FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2017:
- LATIGO DANCE at the Streetside Event Center (old NAPA Bldg) in Shiprock, NM from 9p to 1a. This is a student fundraising event.
- COUNTRY WESTERN BIRTHDAY DANCE F/ THE BAD COUNTRY BAND at the Cisco's Residence, 4 miles North of Gallup, NM on Hwy 491, then 3.5 miles on Chinasprings Loop Rd. Signs will be posted. $10 per person, $15 per couple. $2 re-entry fee. Grand Door Prize: Pottery Lamps. Many more door prizes. Come one, come all and dance the night away.
- ACES WILD DANCE at the Chinle Apache County Roads Yard from 9p to 1a. Admission is $10 with $5 re-entry fee.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2017:
- BENEFIT SONG AND DANCE at the Kaibeto Gym. Registration at 11a. Host by the Navajo Nation Singers and MC CJ Franklin and David Kee. Come one, come all. Everyone is invited. Grocery awards to group singers and dancers. Door Prize, Raffle, and Concession will be available. Sponsored by the 8th Grade Class.
- BENEFIT SONG AND DANCE at the Bird Springs Chapter House. Registration opens at 10a. Host Groups are Tse-zhin Biini Singers and the Southwest Singers. Door Prizes, Raffles, Cake Walk, and concession. Group singers, dancers, prince & princess royalties are welcome! Everyone is welcome!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2017:
- BENEFIT SONG AND DANCE at the Chinle High School Gym in Chinle, AZ. Registration Opens at 9a and Grand Entry at 10a. There will be Cake Walk, Concession, Raffle and More! Come have fun with us. All group singers, dancers and royalties are welcome. For more information call Paul at 928.349.7862.
- JUDGING AND TIMING SEMINAR at the Monument Valley High School AG Building. Free Admission. Lunch will be provided by the WJRA Committee. For more information call Grey at 928.616.5560.
- ELK HORN TARGET SHOOT at the Chinle Rifle Range. Begins at 9a. Male and Female Top Shooters will win a FAT SHEEP. (There must be 5 or more female shooters signed up). Youth Top Shooter will receive cash. Prizes for 1st and 2nd - every round. Lunch will be provided for all shooters. For more information call Joe at 928.266.8367.
- NAVAJO SOCIAL SONG AND DANCE at the Shiprock Exhibit Hall on the Shiprock Fairgournds. Registration at 9a and Grand Entry at 11a. Door Prize, Raffle, Concession Stand, and Cake Walk. Awards to all winning participant dancers. Groceries to all Group Singers. All dancers, group singers, veterans, royaties, and general public are welcome. Donations are greatly accepted. Please bring your own chairs.
- C/W Dance f/ KROSSROADS AND LATIGO BANDS at the Streetside Event Center in Shiprock, NM from 9a to 1a.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2017:
- BENEFIT SONG AND DANCE at Nakai Hall on the Navajo Nation Fairgrounds in Window Rock, AZ. Sponsored by the 2017 Intermountain School Family Reunion Committee. Registration will start at 10a and Grand Entry at 12p. Hosted by the Navajo Nation Swingers. Group singers, dancers, Veterans, and Royalties are invited! Prizes! Prizes! Prizes! For more information contact Robert at 505.593.2041.
- TARGET SHOOTING, 3 miles S/O of Crownpoint, NM (off SR 371 @ MP 22). Entry Fee is $5 per entry per category, begins at 10a. 3 shots per category. 25 yard Pistol, 50 yards 22 Cal. (L.R. Only and open sight), 75 yards 17 Cal Rifle, 75 yards High Power Open Sight, 75 yards any caliber/firearm, 100-200 yards high Power 3 positions, 400 yards high power supported, and 50/50 Jack Pot Shooting ($10 entry). Lunch will be provided and raffles/door prizes. For more information call 928.313.1816
- HAY ROPING at the C-Bar-C Arena in Coyote Canyon, NM. The arena is located 3 miles East on Route 9 off Hwy 491 (Crownpoint turn off). Enter at 9a and Rope at 10a. We will start on time. Format: Open Draw, #12, Open Draw, #10, and Open Draw. $15 a draw and $20 a man on # Ropings. Points 5-1. Awards 1st-4th. Information call 505.567.1054.
SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2017:
- BENEFIT SONG AND DANCE at the Navajo County Fairgrounds - Martinez Hall in Holbrook, AZ. In conjunction with the Tolani Lake Roping Classic.... admission is $6.00 for adults and $3 for children 12 yrs and under. All Veterans are welcome. All Drum Groups are welcome! Bring your families.
- TOLANI LAKE TEAM ROPING CLASSIC TRUCK ROPING, Matrch 2-5, 2017 in Holbrook, AZ. Friday 10a: #8 Roping, 50+, #14, and #10. Saturday 10a: #11 Truck Roping. 70% Cash & Prize Payback for Truck Roping capped at #6. Sunday 9a: Open Team Roping, All Ladies Roping, #13, and a FREE BBQ! USTRC/World Series Number System Apply. Information call 928.707.1044.
SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2017:
- I LOVE RUNNING SPRING CLASSIC 5K RUN/WALK and KIDS 1K Run at the Navajo County Fairgrounds in Holbrook, AZ. T-shirts to all paid entries for both the 5K and the 1 Mile Run/Walk. 5K Entry Fee is $15 by Mar. 1st or $20 Late Fee. 1 Mile Entry Fee is $10 by Mar. 1st or $12 Late Fee. Kids 12 and under run for FREE. Registration opens at 8a and Run starts at 9a. Kids Run is at 10a. For more information call Lenny at 505.686.8878.
- HERO TWINS LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP for Navajo Boys and Young Men. 8-9a Registration and Workshops from 9a to 3:30p at the Navajo Technical University - Student Union Bldg in Crownpoint, NM. $15 Student/ Grades K-12 and $25 Adults, lunch included. Naaltsoos Sani, Community Activism, Adistsiin Demo, Male Puberty Rites, Leetsoii on Navajoland. For more information call 505.488.8526 or visit www.missnavajocouncil.org.
SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2017:
- SONG AND DANCE at the Pinon School District Gym. Registration opens at 12p. This is a benefit fundraiser for youth.
SATURDAY, MARCH 25, 2017:
- ANTELOPE COWGIRL CHALLENGE SERIES .... EVERY SATURDAY FOR FOUR WEEKS 3/25, 4/01, 4,08, and 4/15 at Ken's Arena in Page, AZ. Buckles to event winners each week. All around saddle to hi-point cowgirl at end of series. $50 entry fee, enter up to 2x/event. $10 admin fee/one time per wk. Barrel Racing, Breakaway, and Team Roping. For more information call Michelle at 928.660.2661.
SUNDAY, APRIL 2, 2017:
- CNRA MEMBERSHIP DRIVE RODEO #1 at the Gorman's Rodeo Arena, Chinle, AZ. All Day event....call CES Rose Claw at 928.781.4340. Call Ins March 28 and Call Backs March 29. Membership cards will be on sale.