St. Jude Radiothon
Become a Partner in Hope during the Cellular One, KTNN/KWRK St. Jude Radiothon, June 13 & 14th! By pledging just $20 a month to help kids beat cancer at St. Jude and around the world.
Why support St. Jude?
The support of caring people like you helps ensure that St. Jude Children's Research Hospital will continue its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. St. Jude founder Danny Thomas believed that "no child should die in the dawn of life," and your donations help bring us closer to the day when every precious life can be saved.
How do your donations help?
- Thanks to donors, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. Care, housing, transportation, meals—the list of services we provide to our families is unequalled. But it is for one purpose: To ensure the very best outcome possible for every child.
- At St. Jude, donor dollars help fuel the groundbreaking research that leads to pioneering care and treatments for childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
How is St. Jude making a difference for sick children?
- Every child saved at St. Jude means children saved around the world—a direct result of cutting-edge research and treatment that set the standard in treating childhood cancers. And our discoveries are shared freely with doctors and scientists all over the world.
- St. Jude developed protocols that have helped push overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent, when the hospital opened in 1962, to 80 percent today.
- St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- St. Jude has embarked on an unprecedented effort to sequence the pediatric cancer genome and to identify the genetic changes that give rise to some of the world's deadliest childhood cancers.
How are donations used?
- During the past five years, 81 cents of every dollar received has supported the research and treatment at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude, and public donations provide more than 75 percent of our funding.
Donate now to help St. Jude save the lives of children in communities everywhere.